Volunteering is an intensely rewarding experience!!
Multicultural Aged Care Illawarra utilises volunteers and encourages volunteer work within the organisation to compliment the care and services currently provided to our residents by our staff.
Volunteer roles within the village add diversity and cultural flavour to the lives of residents and provide them with opportunities to participate in aspects of life that otherwise would be unachievable.
There are many benefits from volunteering both for the volunteer and for the village community.
The volunteering experience can provide the volunteer with:
- confidence building
- a sense of giving to the community
- a sense of feeling valued
- new experiences, skills and learning
At the same time the community gains from the volunteers:
- diversity and expertise
- life skills and knowledge
- ideas and support
- visiting residents
- reading of letters or books
- assisting to operate a shop within the village
- providing transportation
- driving the bus
- assisting with crafts and other activities
- assisting with morning and afternoon tea
- providing entertainment
- assiting with functions and special events
- fundraising… and many more
So if you are a reliable person with some time available and would like to assist with some volunteer work we would love to hear from you.
For further information on volunteering with Multicultural Aged Care Illawarra please call Robyn Lyons on 4276 3212 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
All workers and volunteers in aged care are now required to undergo a national police check.